Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have been the best job of getting after the quarterback through six games?
|10.18.11 at 1:29 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 235 dropbacks against the Patriots through six games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 27 times, to go along with ten sacks (23rd in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through six games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive end Andre Carter: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick