Patriots announce the return of Ventrone and Moore
|10.19.11 at 2:44 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ In what is becoming a weekly event, the Patriots announced another personnel move involving safety Ross Ventrone on Wednesday, as the team has signed Ventrone to the 53-man roster. In addition, the team said defensive back Sterling Moore has been added to the practice squad. Both players were released from the 53-man roster on Monday.
Ventrone, 5-foot-8, 190 pounds, has spent time on both the practice squad and 53-man roster this season, playing in three games. He was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010 where he finished the season.
Moore, 5-foot-10, 205 pounds, was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Oct. 15 and played in the win against Dallas. He originally was signed by the Raiders as a rookie free agent out of Southern Methodist on July 28, 2011. He was released by the Raiders after training camp and spent the first few weeks on the Oakland practice squad before being released on Sept. 26. Moore was signed to the Patriots’ practice squad on Oct. 5.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion