Patriots bring back Malcolm Williams on the practice squad
|10.25.11 at 1:06 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Defensive back Malcolm Williams has been re-signed to the Patriots practice squad, the team announced Tuesday. To make room, the team released DB Josh Victorian from the same unit. This is Williams’ second stint with the Pats, after being released before the team’s final preseason game.
Williams, who played at Texas Christian University, was selected by the Patriots in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft with the 219th selection overall.
Williams, 5-feet-11, 200 pounds, originally signed with Oklahoma but ended up at Trinity Community College before going to Texas Christian University for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. He contributed at safety and special teams at Texas Christian. He was released by the Pats on Aug. 29.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick