Bill O’Brien on Taylor Price: ‘We need to get him in there more’
|11.01.11 at 1:43 pm ET|
Those of you who have been clamoring for second-year wide receiver Taylor Price, you might get your wish on Sunday.
Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien hinted Tuesday that Price, who has played in just three games with New England since he was taken out of Ohio in the third round of the 2010 draft, could get some playing time against the Giants.
‘He’s practiced well. We need to get him in there more,’ O’Brien said of Price, who has played just 30 snaps at the NFL level, including six on Sunday against Pittsburgh. ‘He’s done a good job in practice. He’s a guy that we’ve got to give him more reps in the game.’
When he was asked how that might happen, O’Brien responded: ‘You’ll see that on Sunday.’
The 24-year-old Price is a 6-foot, 212-pounder out of Ohio who was taken with the 90th overall selection in the 2010 draft. His career highlight came in the 2010 regular-season finale against the Dolphins when he caught three passes for 41 yards.
‘Taylor’s done a decent job in practice,’ said personnel director Nick Caserio. ‘He had some opportunities [against the Steelers]. It’s a long season, we’ll see where it goes.’
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season