Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through seven games?
|11.02.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 285 dropbacks against the Patriots through seven games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 32 times, to go along with 15 sacks (22nd in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through seven games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Six
Defensive end Andre Carter: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride