Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through seven games?
|11.02.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 285 dropbacks against the Patriots through seven games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 32 times, to go along with 15 sacks (22nd in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through seven games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Six
Defensive end Andre Carter: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?