Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through seven games?
|11.02.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 285 dropbacks against the Patriots through seven games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 32 times, to go along with 15 sacks (22nd in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through seven games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Six
Defensive end Andre Carter: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...