Hello DB Malcolm Williams, goodbye DB Josh Victorian
|11.04.11 at 1:24 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots signed DB Malcolm Williams to the practice squad on Friday. To make room they released DB Josh Victorian from the same unit.
The 23-year-old Williams was drafted by the Patriots in the seventh round (219th overall) of the 2011 Draft out of TCU. He originally signed with Oklahoma but ended up at Trinity Community College before going to TCU for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. This is the second time Williams has been added to the practice squad. He was released by the Patriots on Aug. 29 and signed to the practice squad on Oct. 25, 2011. He was released from the practice squad on Oct. 28, 2011.
Victorian, 23, went to training camp with Baltimore after signing with the Ravens as a rookie free agent out of Louisiana Tech on July 28. Victorian, 5-10, 190 pounds, originally joined the Patriots practice squad on Sept. 22 before being released on Oct. 25. He was re-signed to the practice squad on Oct. 28.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Preseason Week 4 Stock Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup