Player Poll: Chad Ochocinco, Tom Brady among NFL’s most overrated
|11.07.11 at 6:38 pm ET|
A poll of 111 NFL players by The Sporting News featured a pair of Patriots on the list of the NFL’s most overrated players. Tim Tebow (22 votes) and Tony Romo (21) were runaway selections for the top two spots in the category. A bit further down the list, Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco received five votes to finish in a tie for fifth place, while Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named on three ballots, tied with Chargers QB Philip Rivers and Cardinals signal-caller Kevin Kolb for seventh in the NFL.
Ochocinco was on another ignominious midyear list. He ranked sixth in a survey by Forbes of the most disliked NFL players by the public, with 35 percent of fans suggesting they had a poor opinion of the mercurial wide receiver. That was still behind Patriots teammate Albert Haynesworth, who was the fourth most disliked player in the NFL, with 46 percent of survey participants suggesting they disliked the defensive lineman. He finished behind Michael Vick (60 percent dislike rate), Plaxico Burriss (56 percent) and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (49 percent), all of whom have been either convicted of or charged with crimes in recent years.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board