Player Poll: Chad Ochocinco, Tom Brady among NFL’s most overrated
|11.07.11 at 6:38 pm ET|
A poll of 111 NFL players by The Sporting News featured a pair of Patriots on the list of the NFL’s most overrated players. Tim Tebow (22 votes) and Tony Romo (21) were runaway selections for the top two spots in the category. A bit further down the list, Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco received five votes to finish in a tie for fifth place, while Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named on three ballots, tied with Chargers QB Philip Rivers and Cardinals signal-caller Kevin Kolb for seventh in the NFL.
Ochocinco was on another ignominious midyear list. He ranked sixth in a survey by Forbes of the most disliked NFL players by the public, with 35 percent of fans suggesting they had a poor opinion of the mercurial wide receiver. That was still behind Patriots teammate Albert Haynesworth, who was the fourth most disliked player in the NFL, with 46 percent of survey participants suggesting they disliked the defensive lineman. He finished behind Michael Vick (60 percent dislike rate), Plaxico Burriss (56 percent) and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (49 percent), all of whom have been either convicted of or charged with crimes in recent years.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick