Player Poll: Chad Ochocinco, Tom Brady among NFL’s most overrated
|11.07.11 at 6:38 pm ET|
A poll of 111 NFL players by The Sporting News featured a pair of Patriots on the list of the NFL’s most overrated players. Tim Tebow (22 votes) and Tony Romo (21) were runaway selections for the top two spots in the category. A bit further down the list, Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco received five votes to finish in a tie for fifth place, while Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named on three ballots, tied with Chargers QB Philip Rivers and Cardinals signal-caller Kevin Kolb for seventh in the NFL.
Ochocinco was on another ignominious midyear list. He ranked sixth in a survey by Forbes of the most disliked NFL players by the public, with 35 percent of fans suggesting they had a poor opinion of the mercurial wide receiver. That was still behind Patriots teammate Albert Haynesworth, who was the fourth most disliked player in the NFL, with 46 percent of survey participants suggesting they disliked the defensive lineman. He finished behind Michael Vick (60 percent dislike rate), Plaxico Burriss (56 percent) and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (49 percent), all of whom have been either convicted of or charged with crimes in recent years.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...