Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through eight games?
|11.09.11 at 9:05 am ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 324 dropbacks against the Patriots through eight games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 40 times, to go along with 15 sacks (25th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through eight games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: Eight
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Six
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Six
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season