Agent: Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden had back surgery Thursday
|11.10.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden underwent back surgery on Thursday, according to his agent Alvin Keels. Bodden, who was released by the Patriots Oct. 28, underwent surgery for an injury he suffered in the season opener, according to Keels, who broke the news via Twitter:
Leigh Bodden had successful surgery this morning to correct a herniated disk in his lower back that he injured week 1 against the Dolphins. It was a routine operation and he is expected to make a full recovery. No time table has been set yet for his recovery. The injury is not career threatening, however he could not play any longer this season with out getting the condition corrected by surgery.
After a successful 2009, Bodden had been dogged by several injuries over the last year, including a shoulder injury that left him on injured reserve for the entire 2010 season. In addition, this past season, he had hand, back, groin and thumb injuries.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?