Agent: Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden had back surgery Thursday
|11.10.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden underwent back surgery on Thursday, according to his agent Alvin Keels. Bodden, who was released by the Patriots Oct. 28, underwent surgery for an injury he suffered in the season opener, according to Keels, who broke the news via Twitter:
Leigh Bodden had successful surgery this morning to correct a herniated disk in his lower back that he injured week 1 against the Dolphins. It was a routine operation and he is expected to make a full recovery. No time table has been set yet for his recovery. The injury is not career threatening, however he could not play any longer this season with out getting the condition corrected by surgery.
After a successful 2009, Bodden had been dogged by several injuries over the last year, including a shoulder injury that left him on injured reserve for the entire 2010 season. In addition, this past season, he had hand, back, groin and thumb injuries.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick