Agent: Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden had back surgery Thursday
|11.10.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden underwent back surgery on Thursday, according to his agent Alvin Keels. Bodden, who was released by the Patriots Oct. 28, underwent surgery for an injury he suffered in the season opener, according to Keels, who broke the news via Twitter:
Leigh Bodden had successful surgery this morning to correct a herniated disk in his lower back that he injured week 1 against the Dolphins. It was a routine operation and he is expected to make a full recovery. No time table has been set yet for his recovery. The injury is not career threatening, however he could not play any longer this season with out getting the condition corrected by surgery.
After a successful 2009, Bodden had been dogged by several injuries over the last year, including a shoulder injury that left him on injured reserve for the entire 2010 season. In addition, this past season, he had hand, back, groin and thumb injuries.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England