Agent: Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden had back surgery Thursday
|11.10.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
Former Patriots cornerback Leigh Bodden underwent back surgery on Thursday, according to his agent Alvin Keels. Bodden, who was released by the Patriots Oct. 28, underwent surgery for an injury he suffered in the season opener, according to Keels, who broke the news via Twitter:
Leigh Bodden had successful surgery this morning to correct a herniated disk in his lower back that he injured week 1 against the Dolphins. It was a routine operation and he is expected to make a full recovery. No time table has been set yet for his recovery. The injury is not career threatening, however he could not play any longer this season with out getting the condition corrected by surgery.
After a successful 2009, Bodden had been dogged by several injuries over the last year, including a shoulder injury that left him on injured reserve for the entire 2010 season. In addition, this past season, he had hand, back, groin and thumb injuries.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie