Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through nine games?
|11.15.11 at 9:43 am ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 363 dropbacks against the Patriots through nine games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 49 times, to go along with 20 sacks (20th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through nine games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 16
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Seven
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Six
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...