Jerod Mayo on M&M: Tim Tebow ‘a winner’
|11.18.11 at 11:12 am ET|
Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo checked in for his weekly discussion with Mut & Merloni Friday, with the Patriots gearing up for a Monday night game against the Chiefs. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
The Chiefs turn to Tyler Palko at quarterback, as Matt Cassel is out with an injured hand.
“His skill set is pretty comparable to Cassel’s,” Mayo said. “They do the same type of things. He can run, he can throw the ball. It is a little difficult not having as much film on him, but at the same time, the schemes won’t change, because they’re pretty similar in style.”
The Broncos edged the Jets Thursday night behind Tim Tebow‘s last-minute touchdown run. Mayo said he’s focused on the Chiefs and did not watch the game, but he knows Tebow well, having played him in college when both were in the SEC (Mayo at Tennessee, Tebow at Florida).
“He’s a winner,” Mayo said. “No matter if he throws the ball one time a game, he can win you the game. As he proved in college, he’s a valuable asset for a team.”
The Jets have lost two straight, having previously lost to the Patriots on Sunday. Asked if the Patriots might have a letdown Monday after the win over their rivals, he predicted that wouldn’t happen.
“I don’t think so,” Mayo said. “I think the coaches have done an excellent job all week, making sure we’re prepared and focused on this upcoming game. We’re through with the Jets. We were through with the Jets the day after. We were on to Kansas City. i think that’s the right mindset to have.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...