Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through 10 games?
|11.23.11 at 5:40 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 401 dropbacks against the Patriots through 10 games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 58 times, to go along with 23 sacks (16th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through ten games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 19
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Nine
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Six
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Six
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Two
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Linebacker Jerod Mayo: One
Carter: 9 (65 yards)
Anderson: 7 (49 yards)
Ninkovich: 2.5 (5 yards)
Wilfork: 1.5 (10.5 yards)
Chung: One (3 yards)
Love: One (11 yards)
Pryor: 0.5 (4.5 yards)
Mike Wright: 0.5 (4 yards)
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...