Devin McCourty on D&C: Don’t give anything away to the media
|12.02.11 at 9:10 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty resumed his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning after taking a couple of weeks off with a shoulder injury. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
McCourty has practiced all week, but he was noncommittal about his status for Sunday’s game vs. the Colts.
“Just practicing right now, trying to get better, get a better feel,” he said. “It’s getting better each day. Just going out there and seeing how it looks, seeing how it feels, going from there. ‘¦ I’ll go out to practice again today and see how it feels. I’m hoping it gets better today and it feels better than it did yesterday.”
Talking about the Patriots’ approach to Sunday’s game, McCourty echoed Bill Belichick‘s comments when he refused to underestimate the winless Colts, saying, “Don’t believe all the hype of the record and all that. When you look at that roster, it’s not many different guys that are lining up. Especially on offense, they have a bunch of guys that have been there from the beginning of this season until now. You take away definitely a very good player, one of the best players at his position in [Peyton] Manning. But other than that, they have a bunch of guys that have been there and have been playing all season.”
McCourty rarely is forthcoming in his interviews. He said he had the same approach in college, and it isn’t so much that the Patriots instruct their players to stonewall the media.
“Its not like we come in as rookies and it’s, all right, everybody get here at 7 a.m. the first day of camp, and it’s a Media 101,” he said. “It’s just, tell them what you feel they need to know and always keep in mind that we’re trying to win a game that week. We’re trying to keep our advantage and use any resource or anything that we have, and don’t give that away to the media.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL