Devin McCourty on D&C: Don’t give anything away to the media
|12.02.11 at 9:10 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty resumed his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning after taking a couple of weeks off with a shoulder injury. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
McCourty has practiced all week, but he was noncommittal about his status for Sunday’s game vs. the Colts.
“Just practicing right now, trying to get better, get a better feel,” he said. “It’s getting better each day. Just going out there and seeing how it looks, seeing how it feels, going from there. ‘¦ I’ll go out to practice again today and see how it feels. I’m hoping it gets better today and it feels better than it did yesterday.”
Talking about the Patriots’ approach to Sunday’s game, McCourty echoed Bill Belichick‘s comments when he refused to underestimate the winless Colts, saying, “Don’t believe all the hype of the record and all that. When you look at that roster, it’s not many different guys that are lining up. Especially on offense, they have a bunch of guys that have been there from the beginning of this season until now. You take away definitely a very good player, one of the best players at his position in [Peyton] Manning. But other than that, they have a bunch of guys that have been there and have been playing all season.”
McCourty rarely is forthcoming in his interviews. He said he had the same approach in college, and it isn’t so much that the Patriots instruct their players to stonewall the media.
“Its not like we come in as rookies and it’s, all right, everybody get here at 7 a.m. the first day of camp, and it’s a Media 101,” he said. “It’s just, tell them what you feel they need to know and always keep in mind that we’re trying to win a game that week. We’re trying to keep our advantage and use any resource or anything that we have, and don’t give that away to the media.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible