Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through 12 games?
|12.07.11 at 6:06 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 486 dropbacks against the Patriots through 12 games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 64 times, to go along with 27 sacks (16th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through 12 games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 19
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Nine
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Eight
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Seven
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Linebacker Jerod Mayo: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Carter: 9 (65 yards)
Anderson: 7 (49 yards)
Ninkovich: 4.5 (20 yards)
Wilfork: 2.5 (17.5 yards)
Love: Two (11 yards)
Chung: One (3 yards)
Pryor: 0.5 (4.5 yards)
Mike Wright: 0.5 (4 yards)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL