Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through 12 games?
|12.07.11 at 6:06 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 486 dropbacks against the Patriots through 12 games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 64 times, to go along with 27 sacks (16th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through 12 games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 19
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Nine
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Eight
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Seven
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Linebacker Jerod Mayo: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Carter: 9 (65 yards)
Anderson: 7 (49 yards)
Ninkovich: 4.5 (20 yards)
Wilfork: 2.5 (17.5 yards)
Love: Two (11 yards)
Chung: One (3 yards)
Pryor: 0.5 (4.5 yards)
Mike Wright: 0.5 (4 yards)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...