By the brutal numbers: Breaking down the Patriots secondary
|12.13.11 at 1:15 am ET|
Rodney Harrison said on Sunday night that the 2011 Patriots feature the worst secondary he’s seen in the last decade. With the team on pace to shatter the record for most passing yards allowed in a season (the Pats project to permit 400 more passing yards than the current standard-bearers for futility in the pass defense, the 1995 Falcons), the numbers tell a woeful tale about the work being done by the Pats’ pass defense.
A statistical breakdown of the Patriots’ pass defenses of the last decade is below. For more on the subject, check out today’s column from Chris Price.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board