By the brutal numbers: Breaking down the Patriots secondary
|12.13.11 at 1:15 am ET|
Rodney Harrison said on Sunday night that the 2011 Patriots feature the worst secondary he’s seen in the last decade. With the team on pace to shatter the record for most passing yards allowed in a season (the Pats project to permit 400 more passing yards than the current standard-bearers for futility in the pass defense, the 1995 Falcons), the numbers tell a woeful tale about the work being done by the Pats’ pass defense.
A statistical breakdown of the Patriots’ pass defenses of the last decade is below. For more on the subject, check out today’s column from Chris Price.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples