By the brutal numbers: Breaking down the Patriots secondary
|12.13.11 at 1:15 am ET|
Rodney Harrison said on Sunday night that the 2011 Patriots feature the worst secondary he’s seen in the last decade. With the team on pace to shatter the record for most passing yards allowed in a season (the Pats project to permit 400 more passing yards than the current standard-bearers for futility in the pass defense, the 1995 Falcons), the numbers tell a woeful tale about the work being done by the Pats’ pass defense.
A statistical breakdown of the Patriots’ pass defenses of the last decade is below. For more on the subject, check out today’s column from Chris Price.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016