Following Pittsburgh’s loss, the Patriots are now in command in the AFC
|12.20.11 at 12:59 am ET|
With losses by Baltimore and Houston over the weekend and Pittsburgh on Monday night, the Patriots are now in the drivers’ seat in the AFC.
New England can clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the AFC if they can win their last two regular-season games of the year, home contests against Miami (on Saturday) and Buffalo (the following Sunday).
New England, Pittsburgh, Houston and Baltimore all entered the weekend with identical 10-3 records. But while the Patriots beat the Broncos in Denver, Pittsburgh suffered a Monday night loss to the 49ers, the Texans lost to the Panthers and Ravens lost to the Chargers on Sunday. That left New England as the top seed in the AFC with an 11-3 mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England