Following Pittsburgh’s loss, the Patriots are now in command in the AFC
|12.20.11 at 12:59 am ET|
With losses by Baltimore and Houston over the weekend and Pittsburgh on Monday night, the Patriots are now in the drivers’ seat in the AFC.
New England can clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the AFC if they can win their last two regular-season games of the year, home contests against Miami (on Saturday) and Buffalo (the following Sunday).
New England, Pittsburgh, Houston and Baltimore all entered the weekend with identical 10-3 records. But while the Patriots beat the Broncos in Denver, Pittsburgh suffered a Monday night loss to the 49ers, the Texans lost to the Panthers and Ravens lost to the Chargers on Sunday. That left New England as the top seed in the AFC with an 11-3 mark.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...