Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through 14 games?
|12.21.11 at 2:22 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 542 dropbacks against the Patriots through 14 games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 76 times, to go along with 33 sacks (16th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through 14 games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 22
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: 11
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Nine
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Seven
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Five
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: Five
Linebacker Jerod Mayo: Four
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: Three
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: One
Cornerback Phillip Adams: One
Defensive lineman Brandon Deaderick: One
Carter: 10 (70 yards)
Anderson: 9 (67 yards)
Ninkovich: 5.5 (48 yards)
Wilfork: 2.5 (17.5 yards)
Love: 2.5 (14.5 yards)
Deaderick: One (3 yards)
Chung: One (3 yards)
Pryor: 0.5 (4.5 yards)
Mike Wright: 0.5 (4 yards)
Warren: 0.5 (3.5 yards)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return