Ross Ventrone returns, so does Aaron Lavarias
|12.28.11 at 12:56 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Ross Ventrone era has yet another new beginning as the oft-released and oft-resigned defensive back was brought back to the practice squad Wednesday, as was defensive end Aaron Lavarias.
Ventrone, 25, has spent time on both the practice squad and 53-man roster this season, playing in eight games. Ventrone, 5-8, 190 pounds, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He spent the majority of his rookie season in 2010 on the New England practice squad.
If Ventrone plays in one more game, he will be ineligible for the practice squad in the 2012 season.
Meanwhile, the 23-year-old Lavarias was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Idaho on July 27, 2011. After being released on Sept. 3, he was signed to the New England practice squad on Sept. 5 before being released on Sept. 14. Lavarias, 6-2, 255 pounds, has also spent time in 2011 on the Detroit practice squad.
- What Are The Odds?
- New England Patriots Links 12/13/13 - Defense Needs to Keep the Heat on...
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...