Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through 15 games?
|12.29.11 at 4:38 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 574 dropbacks against the Patriots through 15 games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 85 times, to go along with 38 sacks (tied for 13th in the league) for 262.5 yards. Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through 15 games:
Defensive end Andre Carter: 22
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: 13
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: 9
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: 7
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: 6
Linebacker Jerod Mayo: 6
Defensive lineman Kyle Love: 5
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: 3
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: 3
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: 3
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: 2
Defensive lineman Brandon Deaderick: 2
Safety Pat Chung: 1
Linebacker Brandon Spikes: 1
Cornerback Phillip Adams: 1
Defensive lineman Mike Wright: 1
Carter: 10 (70 yards)
Anderson: 9 (67 yards)
Ninkovich: 6.5 (54 yards)
Wilfork: 2.5 (17 yards)
Love: 2 (11 yards)
Mayo 2 (5.0 yards)
Deaderick: 2 (13 yards)
Warren: 1 (7 yards)
Ellis 1 (7 yards)
Chung: 1 (3 yards)
Pryor: 0.5 (4.5 yards)
Wright: 0.5 (4 yards)
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season