Final preparations on Saturday night can mean a lot of different things for Bill Belichick and the Patriots
|01.21.12 at 5:50 pm ET|
So while the rest of us sit and wait for kickoff Sunday at 3 o’clock, what’s going on with the Patriots as they sit and make final preparations for the AFC championship game for the Ravens? Players and coaches are going through several different meetings at the team hotel, making sure that everyone is on the same page for Sunday.
But coach Bill Belichick said that when it comes down to Saturday night, each situation is different.
‘There are games, Saturday night where I can remember staying up and wanting to go through something one more time,’ Belichick said. ‘Then, there are other Saturday nights where you watch a college game on TV or you just go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep and start in the morning. I think it’s just how you feel at that point in time.
“Sometimes you go through the Saturday night meetings with the players and something comes up. If you’re not sure then they’re probably not sure,” he added. “Maybe you need to go back and do it one more time. ‘I’m not going to be able to get to sleep until I really, like I have to get this straight in my head before I can get it to them.’ A lot of times you come out of a meeting feeling like, ‘We’ve got it, we just have to go play.’
“Each week is different, for me anyway, every week is different. Preparation is different, the practices are different. What you need to do at the end of the week, whether that’s talking to an individual guy, whether that’s the way you want to handle the whole team, whatever you want to try to emphasize leading right up to the game in the final meetings or hours, I think that sometimes is a reaction to where you are at that particular point. You don’t know that at the beginning of the week, at least I don’t.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...