Ravens’ Terrell Suggs: ‘A lot of confusion on that last play’
|01.23.12 at 1:30 pm ET|
Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, who had a protracted debate with ESPN’s Skip Bayless last week, again talked with the “First Take” personality Monday, following the Ravens’ 23-20 loss to the Patriots in the AFC championship game.
Suggs said there was some uncertainty on the Ravens’ sideline during the final possession, as the scoreboard indicated a different down than what the Ravens thought.
“There was just a lot of confusion on that last play,” Suggs said.
When asked if he was implying that the Patriots deceived the Ravens by putting the wrong down on the scoreboard, Suggs reprimanded Bayless.
“No, I’m not saying that. And Skip, stop that. I know what you’re doing,” Suggs said. “You know what I’m talking about with the confusion. When Anquan Boldin fumbled the ball out of bounds, we thought he fumbled it past the first-down marker, we thought we had a first down, which we didn’t. But we’re reading two different things.
“No, I’m not saying that. So, Skip, once again, stop it. Be an analyst. Don’t be a douchebag. You know what I mean.”
Although he had no tackles (or any other statistics), Suggs said he did his job — specifically making life difficult for tight end Rob Gronkowski — and that the Ravens defenders “stopped the people we needed to stop.”
Suggs did give some credit to the Patriots and said that despite holding Tom Brady to his lowest postseason passer rating, the Ravens didn’t get the best of him. “No, because he’s going to play another Super Bowl and we’re going home to play with our kids,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL