Peyton Manning: Eli ‘doesn’t need to talk to me’ when it comes to preparing for the Patriots
|01.24.12 at 10:20 am ET|
Colts quarterback Peyton Manning conducted a wide-ranging interview with the Indianapolis Star about a variety of topics, including his plans for next season and his thoughts on the recent turnover on the Indianapolis coaching staff and front office.
One thing that stood out for us was when he talked about whether or not he’ll be able to help little brother Eli when it comes to preparing for Super Bowl XLVI against the Patriots. Peyton deferred, saying that he doesn’t think that Eli needs much help, considering the fact that he beat New England earlier this season, as well as in Super Bowl XLII.
“Well, I’ve already gone to work for him, getting all my teammates, trying to get their two-ticket allotments,” Peyton said of his brother. “That’s what he did for me two years ago and I did that for him four years ago. And I’m helping any way I can, getting him restaurant reservations around town for him and his teammates. Jim (Irsay) called after the game and offered any kind of help he could give, which was generous.
‘As far as helping him with the Patriots, really, he doesn’t need to talk to me. He played them seven weeks ago. We’ll talk about things they do when you face them a second time in the same year, but he knows them better than I do right now.
“It was fun Sunday, we talked about third and long situations, the defense San Francisco likes to play. They’ve got (former Colts defensive coordinator) Vic Fangio, and we were saying, ‘In this situation, they run this particular coverage, three rushing and eight in coverage, and there are only certain places you can throw it.’ I didn’t tell him to throw that post route on the touchdown, but that was the kind of defense he was seeing. So it’s kind of fun to talk about that stuff.’”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...