Report: Pats executive Jason Licht a finalist for Bears GM job
|01.24.12 at 10:47 am ET|
Patriots director of pro scouting Jason Licht is one of two finalists for the vacant Chicago GM job, according to the Chicago Tribune. Licht and Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery are expected to get second interviews later this week.
In his 16th NFL season, Licht is in the second of two stints with the Patriots. He rejoined the New England personnel department in 2009 after previously spending four seasons (1999-2002) with the Patriots. In 2008, Licht served as a personnel executive for Arizona after spending five seasons with Philadelphia as vice president of player personnel (2006-07) and assistant director of player personnel (2003-05).
Licht first joined the Patriots personnel department in 1999 as a college scout, and in June 2001 he became the team’s national scout. The following year, he was promoted to assistant director of player personnel, a position he held through the 2002 season.
It’s interesting that both Licht and Emery have ties to the Patriots. Emery has worked for Scott Pioli in Kansas City as well as for former Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff in Atlanta.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats
- Gronk Reveals the Secret to Tinder Success