Bill O’Brien: This week is about the Patriots in the Super Bowl, not Penn State
|01.31.12 at 12:15 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — On the eve of national college football signing day, Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien maintained that his focus is on the Patriots for one more game, not on his future job as Penn State head coach.
“This is a week about the Patriots and really not about Penn State,” O’Brien said on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium. “I’m trying to do the best I can to put together with the staff a great game plan for Sunday.
“I’ll be in Penn State on Monday or Tuesday after game and we’ll go from there. We’ve got a lot of great people in place up at Penn State that are doing a great job up there seeing that through.”
Speaking of Brady, he complimented Brady as one of the best quarterbacks ever to run the quarterback sneak, scoring twice against the Dolphins on Christmas Eve and the game-winning score against the Ravens in the AFC championship.
“He’s probably one of the best quarterback sneak guys in the history of the game,” O’Brien said. “He just does a really good job, he’s got a knack for it, understands when to do it and really does a good job with it.”
“I don’t coach that. that was all him. He made a great play and that’s why he’s a great teammate because he knew that was a big play for us in that game.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England