Rob Gronkowski: ‘No more boot’
|01.31.12 at 12:40 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — On Monday, Rob Gronkowski took off the boot that is protecting his left ankle.
On Tuesday at Super Bowl “Media Day” at Lucas Oil Stadium, he said he’s not putting it back on.
“It’s off, no more boot,” Gronkowski told reporters.
Gronkowski will spend Tuesday’s “off day” with Patriots trainers and medical staff.
‘I don’t know yet,’ Gronkowski said in answering the question everyone wants the answer to: Will he play Sunday in Super Bowl XLVI?
“We’re going day by day,” Gronkowski added. “Making new steps every day, feeling better every day. That’s a positive sign and you just want to keep going in the right direction. I want to be out there with the team obviously. I want to help out the team obviously. Just taking it step by step, getting better every single day.’
Gronkowski repeated the credo of Bill Belichick several times, indicating he is day to day for the game.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars