Rob Gronkowski: ‘No more boot’
|01.31.12 at 12:40 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — On Monday, Rob Gronkowski took off the boot that is protecting his left ankle.
On Tuesday at Super Bowl “Media Day” at Lucas Oil Stadium, he said he’s not putting it back on.
“It’s off, no more boot,” Gronkowski told reporters.
Gronkowski will spend Tuesday’s “off day” with Patriots trainers and medical staff.
‘I don’t know yet,’ Gronkowski said in answering the question everyone wants the answer to: Will he play Sunday in Super Bowl XLVI?
“We’re going day by day,” Gronkowski added. “Making new steps every day, feeling better every day. That’s a positive sign and you just want to keep going in the right direction. I want to be out there with the team obviously. I want to help out the team obviously. Just taking it step by step, getting better every single day.’
Gronkowski repeated the credo of Bill Belichick several times, indicating he is day to day for the game.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick