Victor Cruz: ‘Excited’ about exploiting Julian Edelman, Patriots secondary
|01.31.12 at 12:22 pm ET|
Giants receiver Victor Cruz, on a podium at Super Bowl Media Day, acknowledged in response to a question from Deion Sanders that he has indeed cracked a smile while watching film of the Patriots secondary. He referred to Patriots receiver/cornerback Julian Edelman in suggesting why the Giants are looking forward to facing the Patriots.
“A little bit,” said Cruz. “You’re watching film, just naturally, when you see one of their defensive backs is a wide receiver and he’s going to be potentially covering you, you automatically get excited and just understand that it’s not his natural position and you want to exploit that. So obviously, as a receiver and as a competitor in general, when you see a matchup that you think you can exploit, you want to take advantage of it.”
Giants defense end Osi Umenyiora, who recently acknowledged that Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light “gets under [his] skin,” was crestfallen to hear that Light was not available during Media Day, reportedly due to illness.
“Matt Light, please get well soon,” Umenyiora said at Media Day. “I hope to see you on Sunday. You are one of my greatest friends.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status