Bill Romanowski on D&C: Giants momentum tough to stop
|02.01.12 at 11:08 am ET|
Former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski appeared on the Dennis & Callahan show Wednesday morning to talk about Super Bowl XLVI. Although he never made a prediction, Romanowski said the Giants have obtained a great deal of momentum through their playoff run.
“I do believe that the momentum of what the Giants have done is pretty tough to stop,” Romanowski said. “I believe in when the momentum picks up and you ride that wave. What they have done is unbelievable. It’s almost no different than what they did, what was it, 2007, when they beat the Patriots. It feels so much the same.”
The former Boston College star also talked about the impact of Rob Gronkowski‘s high ankle sprain suffered in the AFC championship game. “He’s absolutely going to play. The nice thing about ankles is that you can inject them and they’re very safe. He’ll make an impact in this football game. I just hope they can block the four [defensive linemen]. That, to me, is going to be where this game is won.”
“Baltimore, I think, showed [the Giants] how you can beat New England,” he said. “But I tell you what: You can never count Brady out, you can never count Belichick out. And that’s what makes this great.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...