Bill Romanowski on D&C: Giants momentum tough to stop
|02.01.12 at 11:08 am ET|
Former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski appeared on the Dennis & Callahan show Wednesday morning to talk about Super Bowl XLVI. Although he never made a prediction, Romanowski said the Giants have obtained a great deal of momentum through their playoff run.
“I do believe that the momentum of what the Giants have done is pretty tough to stop,” Romanowski said. “I believe in when the momentum picks up and you ride that wave. What they have done is unbelievable. It’s almost no different than what they did, what was it, 2007, when they beat the Patriots. It feels so much the same.”
The former Boston College star also talked about the impact of Rob Gronkowski‘s high ankle sprain suffered in the AFC championship game. “He’s absolutely going to play. The nice thing about ankles is that you can inject them and they’re very safe. He’ll make an impact in this football game. I just hope they can block the four [defensive linemen]. That, to me, is going to be where this game is won.”
“Baltimore, I think, showed [the Giants] how you can beat New England,” he said. “But I tell you what: You can never count Brady out, you can never count Belichick out. And that’s what makes this great.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick