Patriots owner Robert Kraft speaks to SI about the lockout, team-building and making the tough decisions
|02.01.12 at 11:06 am ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft is on the cover of this week’s edition of Sports Illustrated, and is the subject of an extensive feature inside.
Celebrated as one of the men who helped save football in the wake of the lockout, Kraft speaks with SI writer Peter King about a variety of topics, including the fact that the Patriots success over the years is due to the unorthodox decisions he has made including spending too much to buy the team, hiring Bill Belichick and trading Drew Bledsoe.
‘The key to life is you try to see things other people can’t see,’ said Kraft. ‘This league is set up for everyone to go 8-8. How do you differentiate? You have to be bold in any business and do things you take a lot of criticism for but you believe are right.’
There’s also a full Super Bowl preview from Jim Trotter, as well as a look back at Super Bowl XLII by Tim Layden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...