Patriots owner Robert Kraft speaks to SI about the lockout, team-building and making the tough decisions
|02.01.12 at 11:06 am ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft is on the cover of this week’s edition of Sports Illustrated, and is the subject of an extensive feature inside.
Celebrated as one of the men who helped save football in the wake of the lockout, Kraft speaks with SI writer Peter King about a variety of topics, including the fact that the Patriots success over the years is due to the unorthodox decisions he has made including spending too much to buy the team, hiring Bill Belichick and trading Drew Bledsoe.
‘The key to life is you try to see things other people can’t see,’ said Kraft. ‘This league is set up for everyone to go 8-8. How do you differentiate? You have to be bold in any business and do things you take a lot of criticism for but you believe are right.’
There’s also a full Super Bowl preview from Jim Trotter, as well as a look back at Super Bowl XLII by Tim Layden.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?