|Jason Pierre-Paul: Tom Brady rattled by phantom Giants pass rush||02.02.12 at 1:16 pm ET|
Defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul suggested that he and his Giants teammates got into the head of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during the regular season matchup between the two teams when New York beat New England, 24-20, at Gillette Stadium.
“If you look at Week 9 when we played them, it’s like he felt us,” Pierre-Paul told reporters. “We went back on the film, we watched the film and we didn’t really rush as we can as a defense. … He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff.”
Brady was sacked just twice while completing 28 of 49 passes (57 percent) for two touchdowns and two interceptions. Pierre-Paul, who had 16 1/2 sacks during the regular season, was asked if Brady was responding to phantom pressure in that contest.
“He was,” said Pierre-Paul. “Yeah, he was reacting to pressure that didn’t exist and he was just throwing the ball places that there wasn’t a receiver there. So imagine us just getting there even faster and we’re actually doing out jobs and getting there and getting hits on him.”
On Wednesday, Pierre-Paul described Brady as “a great quarterback, but at the end of the day he is just a quarterback. It’s not like he is God.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame