Jason Pierre-Paul: Tom Brady rattled by phantom Giants pass rush
|02.02.12 at 1:16 pm ET|
Defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul suggested that he and his Giants teammates got into the head of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during the regular season matchup between the two teams when New York beat New England, 24-20, at Gillette Stadium.
“If you look at Week 9 when we played them, it’s like he felt us,” Pierre-Paul told reporters. “We went back on the film, we watched the film and we didn’t really rush as we can as a defense. … He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff.”
Brady was sacked just twice while completing 28 of 49 passes (57 percent) for two touchdowns and two interceptions. Pierre-Paul, who had 16 1/2 sacks during the regular season, was asked if Brady was responding to phantom pressure in that contest.
“He was,” said Pierre-Paul. “Yeah, he was reacting to pressure that didn’t exist and he was just throwing the ball places that there wasn’t a receiver there. So imagine us just getting there even faster and we’re actually doing out jobs and getting there and getting hits on him.”
On Wednesday, Pierre-Paul described Brady as “a great quarterback, but at the end of the day he is just a quarterback. It’s not like he is God.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?