Chris Canty predicts: Giants 28, Patriots 17
|02.05.12 at 12:38 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — In a response for predictions on Twitter, Giants defensive lineman Chris Canty tweeted Sunday, just hours before entering Lucas Oil Stadium for Super Bowl XLVI, that his Giants would beat the Patriots.
Not only that but he gave a score.
Giants 28, NewEngland 17 he tweeted, responding to a solicitation from ESPN’s Jason Romano.
Canty gained the spotlight during Super Bowl week when he talked about how nice it would be to have a parade in Manhattan’s “Canyon of Heroes” if the Giants beat the Patriots.
“Get ready for a great day on Super Bowl Sunday ‘¦ and get ready for a parade on Tuesday,” Canty said on Wednesday.
“I don’t care, doesn’t matter,” Canty said when asked if the prediction might ruffle feathers. “Obviously, Tom Brady made a statement at their pep rally [last Sunday]. Obviously, both teams are here to try to win a football game. It just is what it is.”
Canty later said his statement wasn’t meant to be taken as “bulletin board” material.
“I’m not trying to inflame anybody or anything like that,” Canty said. “I want our fans to be excited about the game that’s coming up on Sunday. It’s going to be a great football game. It’s going to be a 60-minute game, and hopefully we can put ourselves in the best position to be successful.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...