Publicity stunt takes shot at Wes Welker after missed connection in Super Bowl XLVI
|02.07.12 at 1:51 pm ET|
You knew it was coming — it was only a matter of when.
After Wes Welker‘s failed connection with quarterback Tom Brady on a fourth-quarter pass play in Sunday’s Super Bowl, an online pawnshop called “Pawngo” delivered 900 pounds of Butterfingers on Tuesday to Wes Welker. Of course, they didn’t bring them to Welker’s house — instead, they dropped them in the middle of Copley Square, and encouraged “everyone in the area stop to take pictures, grab a bar, and have a laugh.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...