Reports: Patriots re-sign RB Eric Kettani
|02.14.12 at 9:35 pm ET|
The Patriots have re-signed Eric Kettani to their 80-man roster, according to multiple reports.
If the 5-foot-11, 235-pound running back is cleared by the Navy to resume his football career, he could ultimately find a spot on New England’s reserve/military list. The 24-year-old Kettani originally signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2009, before spending two seasons on active duty with the Navy.
Kettani returned to the Patriots last July for training camp, and was on the practice squad for the first five weeks of the regular season before he was unexpectedly denied leave by the Navy, which forced New England to release him from the practice squad in early October.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report