NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Nebraska DT Jared Crick
|02.20.12 at 2:00 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2012 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive tackle
Weight: 285 pounds
Achievements: 2010 first-team All Big 12, 2010 second-team All-American
What he brings: A hard-working end, Crick can quickly get to the quarterback because of his effort. A great run-stopper for a defensive end with the ability to shed a block on either side, he can get to the running back both in the backfield and while chasing him down. Crick is not the most explosive player, but he has a reputation as a workhorse.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-2
Notes: Crick was on the watch list for all the major defensive awards, but he missed most of the 2011 season with a torn pectoral muscle after recording 22 tackles and a sack in five games. His would be good fit for the Patriots system, where his size and speed would allow him to slide into the line almost immediately. He ranks eighth on the Nebraska career sack list with 20. Crick played alongside Ndamukong Suh in 2009 after being an understudy to Suh in 2008.
Video: Here’s Crick in a game vs. Texas A&M in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...