Justin Blackmon happy to put college rivalry aside to play with Sam Bradford
|02.24.12 at 2:47 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon was asked to describe himself at Friday at the scouting combine.
“I’m a quiet and aggressive guy off the field,” Blackmon said.
“I don’t speak much,” he said.
Instead, Blackmon lets his play do the speaking for him. As a junior, he had 121 receptions for 1,522 yards and 18 touchdowns. Now, he is a good candidate to be drafted by the Rams second overall.
So, as an Oklahoma State alum, how would he feel catching passes from Oklahoma legend Sam Bradford in St. Louis? Just fine.
“Sam’s a good quarterback,” he said with a smile. “I’m sure we could put our differences aside.”
At 6-foot-0, 197 pounds, Blackmon isn’t the biggest receiver in a class full of bigger bodies, but he says he plays physical enough to make up for it. A reporter asked him about comparisons to 6-foot-5 Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, and Blackmon hopes they play the same way.
“He’s a big, physical guy,” Blackmon said, “and that’s how I like to play. I’m not as big as him ‘¦ but I try to play as physical as I can.”
Blackmon won’t run the 40-yard dash due to a tender hamstring, but he says that when he does run at Oklahoma State’s pro day, he’ll be faster than people expect. He says he’s run in the 4.5 and 4.4 range. He isn’t known for his speed, so if he has it, that will be a plus.
The question may become whether the Rams opt for help at receiver or the line with USC left tackle Matt Kalil. Blackmon hopes to leave them with an easy choice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied