Green-Ellis pondering a possible return to Patriots, but he’s keeping his options open
|03.16.12 at 11:43 pm ET|
In his first public comments since hitting the free agent market, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis said that ‘both sides are working on’ a new deal for him to remain in New England, but he acknowledges that he has no idea what his future holds.
‘It’s a different process. It’s not something that I’ve been through,’ Green-Ellis told Nick Underhill of the Springfield Republican Friday night before he dropped the puck for an American Hockey League game between the Springfield Falcons and Portland Pirates. ‘I don’t know what’s going to happen. I just have to sit back and wait for things to unfold.’
Green-Ellis, an undrafted free agent out of Ole Miss who assumed the starters’ job in 2010, has run for 1,675 yards and 24 touchdowns over the last two seasons, and has never fumbled as a professional. That sort of resume is bound to draw some interest around the league — Green-Ellis has been fielding offers from other teams, and will be in Cincinnati this weekend to meet with the Bengals and tour their facilities.
‘It’s not a perfect world,’ Green-Ellis said when asked if he’d like to remain a Patriot. ‘I just know that both sides are working on it and hopefully things get done.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016