NFL unveils new Nike-designed uniforms
|04.03.12 at 12:23 pm ET|
The new uniforms for all 32 NFL teams, as designed by Nike, were unveiled Tuesday morning in New York City. Reebok’s 10-year contract with the league officially ended Sunday, as Nike took over the uniform contract (reportedly in the neighborhood of $35 million annually) and gained exclusive rights when it comes to jersey sales and uniform designs.
As for the Patriots, their new model is at right, and as you can see, features only minor changes, including the Nike logo on the pants.
When it comes to the rest of the league, the biggest changes appeared to be with the Seahawks, who now have several new aspects to their uniform, including redesigned numbers and other additional flair.
Over the history of the franchise, the Patriots have made one major uniform change, going from the Pat Patriot to Flying Elvis logo in the early 1990s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples