NFL unveils new Nike-designed uniforms
|04.03.12 at 12:23 pm ET|
The new uniforms for all 32 NFL teams, as designed by Nike, were unveiled Tuesday morning in New York City. Reebok’s 10-year contract with the league officially ended Sunday, as Nike took over the uniform contract (reportedly in the neighborhood of $35 million annually) and gained exclusive rights when it comes to jersey sales and uniform designs.
As for the Patriots, their new model is at right, and as you can see, features only minor changes, including the Nike logo on the pants.
When it comes to the rest of the league, the biggest changes appeared to be with the Seahawks, who now have several new aspects to their uniform, including redesigned numbers and other additional flair.
Over the history of the franchise, the Patriots have made one major uniform change, going from the Pat Patriot to Flying Elvis logo in the early 1990s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England