Rob Gronkowski advances in Madden cover showdown
|04.04.12 at 12:12 pm ET|
Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski defeated Minnesota defensive end Jared Allen in Round 2 of the voting in the Madden ’13 Cover Vote Competition, and will advance to face Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson in the third round.
Gronkowski defeated Allen, 65 percent to 35 percent, the largest margin of victory in second-round action. (Gronkowski beat his new teammate Brandon Lloyd in the first round, 85 percent to 15.)
Gronkowski and Johnson are two of the eight remaining candidates for the cover, a group that includes Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, San Francisco linebacker Patrick Willis, New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz, Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Baltimore running back Ray Rice.
For more information and to vote, click HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know