Patriots reportedly fail to tender Bret Lockett
|04.05.12 at 3:51 pm ET|
The Patriots have failed to tender restricted free agent safety Bret Lockett, according to Rotoworld, which leaves the 25-year-old an unrestricted free agent.
The 6-foot-1, 220-pound Lockett, an undrafted free agent out of UCLA, has suffered three season-ending injuries in three consecutive years. In 2009, he played 10 games and finished with seven tackles and a forced fumble, his finest season in a New England uniform. (It ended when he was injured late in the season.) He suffered a chest injury in August 2010 which left him on the shelf that year, and a torn groin this past preseason left him on IR for the duration of the 2011 campaign.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...