Patriots reportedly fail to tender Bret Lockett
|04.05.12 at 3:51 pm ET|
The Patriots have failed to tender restricted free agent safety Bret Lockett, according to Rotoworld, which leaves the 25-year-old an unrestricted free agent.
The 6-foot-1, 220-pound Lockett, an undrafted free agent out of UCLA, has suffered three season-ending injuries in three consecutive years. In 2009, he played 10 games and finished with seven tackles and a forced fumble, his finest season in a New England uniform. (It ended when he was injured late in the season.) He suffered a chest injury in August 2010 which left him on the shelf that year, and a torn groin this past preseason left him on IR for the duration of the 2011 campaign.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars