Agent Drew Rosenhaus: Yeremiah Bell ‘drawing interest’ from Patriots
|04.09.12 at 11:59 am ET|
There’s already been some talk linking the Patriots to safety Yeremiah Bell — we covered that here — but Sunday night on WSVN-TV on Miami, Bell’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, went a step further, saying that Bell will not be returning to Miami and adding that the 34-year-old is drawing interest from the Patriots, Jets and Eagles.
Bell, a 2009 Pro Bowler, has surpassed the 100-tackle mark each of the past four years, with 107 in 2011 while also totaling two sacks and an interception. In a down year for safeties (both in the draft and in free agency), he would likely be a short-term investment for New England. The 6-foot, 205-pounder has traditionally played more of a strong safety role, and so he could provide depth at a position that has been played more often than not over the last two years by Patrick Chung.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction