Agent Drew Rosenhaus: Yeremiah Bell ‘drawing interest’ from Patriots
|04.09.12 at 11:59 am ET|
There’s already been some talk linking the Patriots to safety Yeremiah Bell — we covered that here — but Sunday night on WSVN-TV on Miami, Bell’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, went a step further, saying that Bell will not be returning to Miami and adding that the 34-year-old is drawing interest from the Patriots, Jets and Eagles.
Bell, a 2009 Pro Bowler, has surpassed the 100-tackle mark each of the past four years, with 107 in 2011 while also totaling two sacks and an interception. In a down year for safeties (both in the draft and in free agency), he would likely be a short-term investment for New England. The 6-foot, 205-pounder has traditionally played more of a strong safety role, and so he could provide depth at a position that has been played more often than not over the last two years by Patrick Chung.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX