Agent Drew Rosenhaus: Yeremiah Bell ‘drawing interest’ from Patriots
|04.09.12 at 11:59 am ET|
There’s already been some talk linking the Patriots to safety Yeremiah Bell — we covered that here — but Sunday night on WSVN-TV on Miami, Bell’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, went a step further, saying that Bell will not be returning to Miami and adding that the 34-year-old is drawing interest from the Patriots, Jets and Eagles.
Bell, a 2009 Pro Bowler, has surpassed the 100-tackle mark each of the past four years, with 107 in 2011 while also totaling two sacks and an interception. In a down year for safeties (both in the draft and in free agency), he would likely be a short-term investment for New England. The 6-foot, 205-pounder has traditionally played more of a strong safety role, and so he could provide depth at a position that has been played more often than not over the last two years by Patrick Chung.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars