Now a Dolphin, Gary Guyton reflects on his time in New England
|04.18.12 at 10:33 am ET|
When it comes to his time with the Patriots, you won’t hear a bad word from linebacker Gary Guyton. The former New Englander, who signed with the Dolphins earlier this month, held his first Q&A with the South Florida media on Tuesday, and reflected on his four seasons with the Patriots.
‘I learned a lot while I was there and had a good time while I was there,’ said Guyton, signed by the Patriots as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech in 2008. ‘I learned just how to be professional and how to play the game.’
One former teammate who was sad to see Guyton go was Jerod Mayo. The two had become close over the years, and I asked him Tuesday what it would be like not to have Guyton with him on the field after they spent four years together.
‘He’s been beside me for a long time now,’ Mayo said. ‘You see us in the locker room always chopping it up. He’s a good player. He’s moved on to another team. I hope he wins every game, except for the ones against us.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL