Wes Welker hints that contract talks are on hold because of draft
|04.24.12 at 2:23 pm ET|
Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker made the rounds at ESPN on Tuesday and talked about a number of things, including his contract situation. Some of that has already been covered here, but he also sat down with Hannah Storm on the Tuesday morning “SportsCenter” where he talked about the state of his contract negotiations, and how they’re probably on hold at the moment because of draft preparations.
‘Obviously we’re looking for a long-term deal, and I think with the body of work that I’ve showed over the past five years that kind of warrants that,” he said. ‘And, you know, hopefully we get to that point and get something done, and cooler heads prevail, and we’re able to make something happen.
‘I’m sure with the draft and everything else, there’s a lot of other things that kind of take [precedent]. And you know how coach Belichick works… right now he’s in draft mode. And I’m sure after the draft, you know, hopefully we’re able to come together and hopefully figure something out.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction