Wes Welker hints that contract talks are on hold because of draft
|04.24.12 at 2:23 pm ET|
Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker made the rounds at ESPN on Tuesday and talked about a number of things, including his contract situation. Some of that has already been covered here, but he also sat down with Hannah Storm on the Tuesday morning “SportsCenter” where he talked about the state of his contract negotiations, and how they’re probably on hold at the moment because of draft preparations.
‘Obviously we’re looking for a long-term deal, and I think with the body of work that I’ve showed over the past five years that kind of warrants that,” he said. ‘And, you know, hopefully we get to that point and get something done, and cooler heads prevail, and we’re able to make something happen.
‘I’m sure with the draft and everything else, there’s a lot of other things that kind of take [precedent]. And you know how coach Belichick works… right now he’s in draft mode. And I’m sure after the draft, you know, hopefully we’re able to come together and hopefully figure something out.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples