Navy grants early release for Eric Kettani, clearing way for return to Patriots
|04.25.12 at 6:53 pm ET|
The Navy announced Wednesday that it has approved a request for an early release from active duty from Eric Kettani so that the running back may return to his pursuit of an NFL career. The 24-year-old Kettani originally signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2009 before spending two seasons on active duty with the Navy.
Kettani returned to the Patriots last July for training camp and was on the practice squad for the first five weeks of the regular season before he was unexpectedly denied leave by the Navy, which forced New England to release him from the practice squad in early October. However, the 5-foot-11, 235-pound running back has been cleared by the Navy to resume his football career. Now he’ll likely join a crowded picture at fullback that includes newcomers Spencer Larsen and Tony Fiammetta.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?