Navy grants early release for Eric Kettani, clearing way for return to Patriots
|04.25.12 at 6:53 pm ET|
The Navy announced Wednesday that it has approved a request for an early release from active duty from Eric Kettani so that the running back may return to his pursuit of an NFL career. The 24-year-old Kettani originally signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2009 before spending two seasons on active duty with the Navy.
Kettani returned to the Patriots last July for training camp and was on the practice squad for the first five weeks of the regular season before he was unexpectedly denied leave by the Navy, which forced New England to release him from the practice squad in early October. However, the 5-foot-11, 235-pound running back has been cleared by the Navy to resume his football career. Now he’ll likely join a crowded picture at fullback that includes newcomers Spencer Larsen and Tony Fiammetta.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...