Browns draft Trent Richardson
|04.26.12 at 8:20 pm ET|
The Browns couldn’t get a star quarterback, but they were still able to get a potential offensive star by taking Alabama running back Trent Richardson third overall.
The Browns moved up one spot in a trade with the Vikings shortly before the draft, sending fourth, fifth and seventh-round picks to Minnesota in order to move from No. 4 to No. 3.
This is the highest a running back has been selected in the draft since Reggie Bush was taken second overall by the Saints in 2006.
The feeling here (and it’s backed up by years of proof) is that selecting running backs in the first round is a bad idea. However, some running backs, such as Oklahoma’s Adrian Peterson, have been worth top-10 selections and Richardson is the best prospect at the position since Peterson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples
- Even with Empty Tank, Wayne Fits with Pats