Browns draft Trent Richardson
|04.26.12 at 8:20 pm ET|
The Browns couldn’t get a star quarterback, but they were still able to get a potential offensive star by taking Alabama running back Trent Richardson third overall.
The Browns moved up one spot in a trade with the Vikings shortly before the draft, sending fourth, fifth and seventh-round picks to Minnesota in order to move from No. 4 to No. 3.
This is the highest a running back has been selected in the draft since Reggie Bush was taken second overall by the Saints in 2006.
The feeling here (and it’s backed up by years of proof) is that selecting running backs in the first round is a bad idea. However, some running backs, such as Oklahoma’s Adrian Peterson, have been worth top-10 selections and Richardson is the best prospect at the position since Peterson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason