Bruce Irvin goes to Seahawks 15th overall, Jets draft Quinton Coples
|04.26.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
The Seahawks pulled off the biggest surprise of the draft thus far by taking West Virginia pass-rusher Bruce Irvin 15th overall.
Irvin becomes the first pass-rusher off the board, ahead of Quinton Coples and Melvin Ingram. He has exceptional speed and may be the best pure pass-rusher in this class, but he doesn’t have the bulk to do much else.
Irvin has has a very interesting story, which can be read here.
The Jets followed the pick by selecting Coples 16th overall.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...