Bruce Irvin goes to Seahawks 15th overall, Jets draft Quinton Coples
|04.26.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
The Seahawks pulled off the biggest surprise of the draft thus far by taking West Virginia pass-rusher Bruce Irvin 15th overall.
Irvin becomes the first pass-rusher off the board, ahead of Quinton Coples and Melvin Ingram. He has exceptional speed and may be the best pure pass-rusher in this class, but he doesn’t have the bulk to do much else.
Irvin has has a very interesting story, which can be read here.
The Jets followed the pick by selecting Coples 16th overall.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX