Cardinals select Michael Floyd, Rams take Michael Brockers
|04.26.12 at 9:28 pm ET|
The Cardinals got themselves another top receiver by tabbing Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd 12th overall in the NFL draft Thursday.
Floyd was one of the players we spotlighted while in Indianapolis for the scouting combine. His 37 career touchdown receptions made for a Notre Dame record, but he was arrested three times for alcohol-related incidents.
“I think I’ve grown a lot,” Floyd said at the combine. “Coming to the NFL now, I think you do have to mature a great deal, because you can get behind in a lot of things. … This is a professional [league], and you’ve got to act like a professional.”
The Rams followed the pick by selecting LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers. St. Louis initially held the second overall pick, but traded down twice.
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning