Cardinals select Michael Floyd, Rams take Michael Brockers
|04.26.12 at 9:28 pm ET|
The Cardinals got themselves another top receiver by tabbing Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd 12th overall in the NFL draft Thursday.
Floyd was one of the players we spotlighted while in Indianapolis for the scouting combine. His 37 career touchdown receptions made for a Notre Dame record, but he was arrested three times for alcohol-related incidents.
“I think I’ve grown a lot,” Floyd said at the combine. “Coming to the NFL now, I think you do have to mature a great deal, because you can get behind in a lot of things. … This is a professional [league], and you’ve got to act like a professional.”
The Rams followed the pick by selecting LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers. St. Louis initially held the second overall pick, but traded down twice.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick