|Cardinals select Michael Floyd, Rams take Michael Brockers||04.26.12 at 9:28 pm ET|
The Cardinals got themselves another top receiver by tabbing Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd 12th overall in the NFL draft Thursday.
Floyd was one of the players we spotlighted while in Indianapolis for the scouting combine. His 37 career touchdown receptions made for a Notre Dame record, but he was arrested three times for alcohol-related incidents.
“I think I’ve grown a lot,” Floyd said at the combine. “Coming to the NFL now, I think you do have to mature a great deal, because you can get behind in a lot of things. … This is a professional [league], and you’ve got to act like a professional.”
The Rams followed the pick by selecting LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers. St. Louis initially held the second overall pick, but traded down twice.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs