Jaguars trade up for Justin Blackmon
|04.26.12 at 8:32 pm ET|
Blackmon had 121 receptions for 1522 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. He gives the Jaguars a badly needed weapon for quarterback Blaine Gabbert. The Jaguars had traded up to select Gabbert 10th overall last year, but he had a dreadful rookie season. Part of that was because he didn’t have an elite receiver, so having a star at the position to develop with should be a major help.
The Jaguars gave up a fourth-round pick in order to move up. The trade allowed them to leapfrog the Rams at six, as St. Louis was a logical landing spot for the receiver.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video