Jaguars trade up for Justin Blackmon
|04.26.12 at 8:32 pm ET|
Blackmon had 121 receptions for 1522 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. He gives the Jaguars a badly needed weapon for quarterback Blaine Gabbert. The Jaguars had traded up to select Gabbert 10th overall last year, but he had a dreadful rookie season. Part of that was because he didn’t have an elite receiver, so having a star at the position to develop with should be a major help.
The Jaguars gave up a fourth-round pick in order to move up. The trade allowed them to leapfrog the Rams at six, as St. Louis was a logical landing spot for the receiver.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves