Jaguars trade up for Justin Blackmon
|04.26.12 at 8:32 pm ET|
The Jaguars traded up two spots from No. 7 to No. 5 Thursday night and selected Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon in the first round of the NFL draft.
Blackmon had 121 receptions for 1522 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. He gives the Jaguars a badly needed weapon for quarterback Blaine Gabbert. The Jaguars had traded up to select Gabbert 10th overall last year, but he had a dreadful rookie season. Part of that was because he didn’t have an elite receiver, so having a star at the position to develop with should be a major help.
The Jaguars gave up a fourth-round pick in order to move up. The trade allowed them to leapfrog the Rams at six, as St. Louis was a logical landing spot for the receiver.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick