Rams trade down again, Cowboys select Morris Claiborne
|04.26.12 at 8:39 pm ET|
With Justin Blackmon off the board, the Rams elected to trade down for a second time, this time moving from No. 6 to No. 14 overall in a swap with the Cowboys. Once on the clock, the Cowboys used the pick to draft LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne.
The Rams had initially held the second overall pick before trading it to Washington in exchange for No. 6, No. 34 and first-rounders in the next two years. St. Louis got a second-round pick in their trade with the Cowboys, giving them three second-round picks in this year’s draft.
The Claiborne selection is a slam-dunk for the Cowboys. Claiborne may be an even better prospect than former teammate Patrick Peterson, who went fifth overall to the Cardinals last year.
One off note: Picks No. 2-7 have all been traded in this draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL