Rams trade down again, Cowboys select Morris Claiborne
|04.26.12 at 8:39 pm ET|
With Justin Blackmon off the board, the Rams elected to trade down for a second time, this time moving from No. 6 to No. 14 overall in a swap with the Cowboys. Once on the clock, the Cowboys used the pick to draft LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne.
The Rams had initially held the second overall pick before trading it to Washington in exchange for No. 6, No. 34 and first-rounders in the next two years. St. Louis got a second-round pick in their trade with the Cowboys, giving them three second-round picks in this year’s draft.
The Claiborne selection is a slam-dunk for the Cowboys. Claiborne may be an even better prospect than former teammate Patrick Peterson, who went fifth overall to the Cardinals last year.
One off note: Picks No. 2-7 have all been traded in this draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie