Rams trade down again, Cowboys select Morris Claiborne
|04.26.12 at 8:39 pm ET|
With Justin Blackmon off the board, the Rams elected to trade down for a second time, this time moving from No. 6 to No. 14 overall in a swap with the Cowboys. Once on the clock, the Cowboys used the pick to draft LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne.
The Rams had initially held the second overall pick before trading it to Washington in exchange for No. 6, No. 34 and first-rounders in the next two years. St. Louis got a second-round pick in their trade with the Cowboys, giving them three second-round picks in this year’s draft.
The Claiborne selection is a slam-dunk for the Cowboys. Claiborne may be an even better prospect than former teammate Patrick Peterson, who went fifth overall to the Cardinals last year.
One off note: Picks No. 2-7 have all been traded in this draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction