Redskins take Robert Griffin III second overall
|04.26.12 at 8:13 pm ET|
The Redskins followed the Colts with another predictable pick Thursday night as they chose Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III with the second overall pick.
The Redskins, who were initially slated to pick sixth overall, traded their first-rounders in the next three years as well as this year’s second-rounder (No. 34 overall) to move up four spots to grab the Heisman-winning quarterback.
Griffin’s athleticism may give him a higher ceiling than Andrew Luck, whom the Colts chose first overall. His 4.41 40-yard dash time was the second-fastest ever for a quarterback.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Pats' Week 5 Win
- Pats Remind Us They Can Win Any Way Required
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Cowboys
- Patriots Dominating Opponents with Halftime Adjustments
- Brady, Edelman, Lewis' Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Solder Exits with Elbow Injury
- Hightower (Ribs) Questionable to Return in Week 5