Redskins take Robert Griffin III second overall
|04.26.12 at 8:13 pm ET|
The Redskins followed the Colts with another predictable pick Thursday night as they chose Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III with the second overall pick.
The Redskins, who were initially slated to pick sixth overall, traded their first-rounders in the next three years as well as this year’s second-rounder (No. 34 overall) to move up four spots to grab the Heisman-winning quarterback.
Griffin’s athleticism may give him a higher ceiling than Andrew Luck, whom the Colts chose first overall. His 4.41 40-yard dash time was the second-fastest ever for a quarterback.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England