Vikings trade up for Harrison Smith, 49ers reach for A.J. Jenkins
|04.26.12 at 10:54 pm ET|
The Vikings moved back into the first round, trading with the Ravens to get the 29th overall pick and select Notre Dame safety Harrison Smith.
Smith was the Viking’s second first-round selection, as they took Matt Kalil fourth overall.
The 49ers then turned some heads by drafting Illinois receiver A.J. Jenkins 30th overall. Jenkins can stretch the field, but there may have been better options on the board, such as Alshon Jeffery, Rueben Randle and, arguably, Stephen Hill.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors