Second-round mock draft: What do Patriots do with their remaining picks?
|04.27.12 at 2:43 am ET|
The bad thing about the recent format change of the draft is that it is no longer two lengthy days. The good thing is that it allows a day between the first and second rounds, and that means more time for updated mock drafts.
The Patriots didn’t have to part with either of their second-round picks despite moving up a combined 12 spots with the two deals they made Thursday. That means they’ll still be on the clock at Nos. 48 and 62 as planned, but those are the only two remaining selections the Pats have in the draft.
Here’s how we have the second round shaking out:
33. Rams ‘ Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
34. Colts ‘ Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
35. Ravens (from Vikings) ‘ Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
36. Broncos (from Buccaneers) ‘ Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
37. Browns ‘ Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
38. Jaguars ‘ Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
39. Rams (from Redskins) ‘ Trumaine Johnson, DB, Montana
40. Panthers ‘ Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
41. Bills ‘ Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
42. Dolphins ‘ Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
43. Seahawks — Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
44. Chiefs ‘ Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
45. Rams (from Cowboys) ‘ Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
46. Eagles ‘ Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
47. Jets – Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois
48. Patriots (from Raiders) ‘ Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
49. Chargers ‘ Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
50. Bears ‘ Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
51. Eagles (from Cardinals) – Brandon Taylor, S, LSU
52. Titans ‘ Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
53. Bengals ‘ Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
54. Lions ‘ Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
55. Falcons ‘ Bobby Massie, OT, Mississippi
56. Steelers ‘ Devon Still, DT, Penn State
57. Broncos ‘ Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State
58. Texans ‘ Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (Ohio)
59. Packers ‘ LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
60. Ravens ‘ Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
61. 49ers ‘ Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
62. Patriots ‘ Ben Jones, C, Georgia*
63. Giants ‘ Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
* Jones would be a pretty big reach in the second round, but with the Pats not holding any more picks in the draft, they would either have to trade down or take him higher than appropriate.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?